Saturday, January 23, 2010

34 Paintings

I'm conceptualizing paintings faster than I could paint. That's 34 rough sketches, with notes on color, intent, and mood. My mind is keeping track of my vision on how these 34 paintings should look like.

While driving just last week, I came up with a series of four paintings about my commentary on religion. I was so excited in visualizing the 4 canvas and planning the elements, that I had to park somewhere and note down my intents, and how the elements within the frame should interact with each other.

I wouldn't want to die just yet. I just have too many unfinished business to be able to rest in peace.


I'm annoyed that my skills are not up to par to tackle some of my ideas. If only I had the talent to really make the images in my head come alive in my canvas for everyone to see. Most of the time I'm struggling with a technical problem here, or how to render that, or how to correct this, and a plethora of other mundane things.

If only there is a microchip that I can stick in my brain to automatically transform me into a Manet+Vermeer+Turner painter, then I wouldn't feel this useless.

I'm still inching in my progress with Kubol and Happiness(?). I don't think I can complete these by the end of the month. I have too many things to mind at the office.
...

No comments: