Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Guiting-Guiting


Guiting-Guiting
66 x 27 in
Oil on canvas

There is nothing more I can do to this painting.  I am sufficiently satisfied to put this behind me.  I was meaning to come up with 2 more paintings for the series, but after this, I've decided to paint one more and leave it to rest.



Perhaps I'm just exhausted and cannot think of anything more to say about this piece, other than I felt liberated working on it.  Things just happened and that led me to explore details and highlights as I went along.  I really did felt free.



After I return from Benguet, I will try to complete the roofscape painting before the end of the month. I will also begin work on the Jowein set.  I might be able to manage to begin work on a particular piece that is really personally relevant to me, but as of now I can't get myself to begin.  I don't know.  We'll see.

-------

This is a bit embarrassing, but I actually gone back to this and painted in a few things.  It's been bugging me for months.  So I actually finished this painting today, 18 October 2011.  I don't think I can do anything for this piece anymore.  I know I said it before but, I'm now sufficiently satisfied with this to finally put it behind me.

No comments: