Friday, September 25, 2009

Runnaway Sketch



I was meaning to "see" how this composition would look like in color before I start thinking how to paint it in oil. I wanted to test the idea in watercolor, which has the added bonus of perhaps loosening the rigidity in my strokes and encourage spontaneity.

But, I then started fiddling with the image using Photoshop, applying "washes" here and there to get the feel of the image. I soon got carried away and ended up with the colored image above.

I still intend to paint in watercolor the drawing below, if only as an exercise.


I'm fighting the temptation in planning the oil version of this. I have so many pending works to do that putting this painting on my agenda would only make me lose my focus again.

But that Kimono is really getting the better of me.


No comments: