Friday, January 2, 2015

Two Mouths to Speak With



Art is a means to communicate... Blah blah blah... It is a means by which certain skills can be manifested to achieve creative expression... Blah blah blah... and unfortunately for this piece, the same can be said about writing.

As I write about this current work, I feel as if am relieving whatever creative tension that has built up in my mind. It feels as if I'm exhausting what energy I have to push the piece closer to completion in a day by writing a predicate to the subject, instead of laying a paint stroke to solidify a highlight.



The last paragraph was a few hours ago. I am now passing the time at a carwash, sipping coffee, and contemplating what wax to apply to the car, and why writing about a current artwork can be counterproductive.



I haven't quite wrapped my head around that question. Perhaps I shouldn't put too much effort in figuring out what is the better way to approach this conundrum of speaking one thing with two mouths.

No comments: