Monday, August 10, 2009

Almost... Almost there.

A bit more push... and this painting will be done.



I have this feeling that patience is a virtue of great import in oil painting. I've been fighting the temptation to rush off and finish this piece... finally. But it's just not done yet. I still have the shadows under the hair to attend to, as well as putting the finishing touches to tidy things up a bit. Not to mention some darkening I still have to do to put more volume to the image. I don't know how many times I've redone that left pant leg, but I think that's the best I can do with it without confusing it a whole lot more.

By the way, I've been shooting images for this blog using my new phone... an E75. It's got Wifi, GPS, 3G, a 3.1MP auto-focus camera, a slick sliding qwerty keyboard for emailing...it allows me to use my car stereo as speaker output when I go handsfree and talk to people as if they were in the car, it's got a nice sounding music player that really gave my in-ear noise cancelling headphones new life. It calls out the name of the caller when someone rings and it reads sms. It's everything I want a cell to be! Except that, the voice command doesn't seem to work - or it just can't understand Filipino accents. Damn. If I could go: "Please read my sms in the last hour..." and it understands me and reads out aloud correctly with a Filipino accent (not the British one)... well... damn I'd be very happy with it indeed!



No comments: